Christine has always been weak in mathematics. Based on her performance prior to the final exam in Calculus, there is a 40% chance that she

Question

Christine has always been weak in mathematics. Based on her performance prior to the final exam in Calculus, there is a 40% chance that she will fail the course if she does not have a tutor. With a tutor, her probability of failing decreases to 10%. There is only a 50% chance that she will find a tutor at such short notice.

in progress 0
Samantha 1 week 2021-11-19T16:35:10+00:00 1 Answer 0 views 0

Answers ( )

    0
    2021-11-19T16:36:11+00:00

    Answer:

    There are a 25% probability that Christine fails the course.

    Step-by-step explanation:

    We have these following probabilities:

    A 50% probability that Christine finds a tutor.

    With a tutor, she has a 10% probability of failling.

    A 50% probability that Christine does not find a tutor.

    Without a tutor, she has a 40% probability of failing.

    Probability that she fails:

    10% of 50%(fail with a tutor) plus 40% of 50%(fail without a tutor). So

    P = 0.1*0.5 + 0.4*0.5 = 0.25

    There are a 25% probability that Christine fails the course.

Leave an answer

45:7+7-4:2-5:5*4+35:2 =? ( )